|Tru-Fit Die Spacer|
|A controlled technique for relieving dies before wax-up, by alternating coatings of gold and silver colored liquids over the die for uniform coverage of 25 microns space. Each coat is aproximately 6 microns. Liquids are fast setting. Use on stone, amalgam, plated or epoxy dies. It is a high spot indicator. Tru-Fit’s gold and silver colors can be used as a visual aid on models for patient education. Gold solution can be used to simulate crowns, inlays and bridgework. Silver solution can be used to simulate amalgam restorations, partial denture framework.
According to studies at a leading university, precision castings will not seat, be as much as 200 microns, unless relieved. To provide adequate space for cement and common internal discrepancies for ALL crowns and inlays, four coats of fast-drying Tru-Fit will provide much better marginal fit by allowing castings to seat more completely. Tru-Fit also greatly reduces the need for occlusal adjusting.
Tru-Fit is available in a variety of sizes for kits and individual components. The item list below will give sizes and Item #’s for ordering.
- 1. Shake well – Make sure all piqments have been shaken up. Tru-Fit must be as free flowing as water, add thinner as needed.
- 2. To create a 25 micron space for cement, apply 4 thin coats of Tru-Fit with smooth, even strokes from a small brush, to any die material. – Stone dies, amalgam, plated or epoxy.
- 3. Keep Tru-Fit 1/2 mm short of the margin.
- 4. Allow 30 seconds to one minute drying time between each application.
- 5. Alternate colors of gold and silver to insure uniform thickness.
- 6. After Tru-Fit is applied, lubricate the die before applying wax.
- Tru-Fit in gold and silver colors can be used as a visual aid for patient education. Gold solution can be used to simulate crowns, inlays and bridgework. Silver solution can be used to simulate amalgam restorations, partial dentures. As a visual aid Tru-Fit can be applied to stone or plaster models, porcelain or acrylic teeth. Easily removed with thinner. As a high spot indicator, Tru-Fit colors will indicate where internal discrepancies of the crown, bind on the die.