|Space-It Die Spacer|
|A controlled technique for relieving dies before wax-up, by applying 2 coats of liquid (any color) over the die for uniform coverage approximately 25 microns space. Each coat is around 12 microns thick. Liquids are fast setting. Use on stone, amalgam, plated or epoxy dies. It is also a high spot indicator.
According to studies at a leading university, precision castings will not seat, be as much as 200 microns, unless relieved. To provide adequate space for cement and common internal discrepancies for ALL crowns and inlays, two coats of fast-drying Space-It will provide much better marginal fit by allowing castings to seat more completely. Space-It also greatly reduces the need for occlusal adjusting.
Space-It is available in a variety of sizes for individual components. The item list below will give sizes and Item #’s for ordering. Other sizes and colors (Sky Blue, Orange, Green, Purple, etc.) not listed are available.
- 1. Shake well – Make sure all piqments have been shaken up. Space-It must be as free flowing as water, add thinner as needed.
- 2. To create a 25 micron space for cement, apply 2 thin coats of Space-It with smooth, even strokes from a small brush, to any die material. – Stone dies, amalgam, plated or epoxy.
- 3. Keep Space-It 1/2 mm short of the margin.
- 4. Allow 30 seconds to one minute drying time between each application.
- 5. Alternate colors of gold and silver to insure uniform thickness.
- 6. After Space-It is applied, lubricate the die before applying wax.
- Space-It colors can be used as a visual aid for patient education. As a visual aid Space-It can be applied to stone or plaster models, porcelain or acrylic teeth. Easily removed with thinner. As a high spot indicator, Space-It colors will indicate where internal discrepancies of the crown, bind on the die.